Tonga has its own independent registration system. Re-registration of UK marks is no longer permitted but applicants may claim priority rights in Tonga of its UK or other international application. Priority rights may be claimed within 6 months of the filing of the application in the UK/ other international jurisdiction which are members of the Paris Convention.
In order for you to file a trademark application in Tonga, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- original Authorisation of agent
- an e-copy of the mark in word format
- applicant’s name, address and calling of the applicant
- list of the goods to be protected
- certified registration application which the Samoa application is claiming priority rights from; or a confirmation document outlining priority rights from corresponding international registration/application
The estimated time frame for trademark registrations in Tonga is 18-24 months.
Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]